Since my first Custom ReaScripts Dev contract with Soundiron last summer, Mike Peaslee contacted regularly to make few updates or to release new scripts for REAPER, to improve their virtual instruments sound editing and processing workflow.
Last month was a second exciting rush of scripts requests, which led to the creation of a tons of new scripts.
Here is the list of the new scripts I made for Soundiron since the first article:
- Create regions from items – one region if overlap, useful for creating region for the region matrix.
- Create steps from first two selected points values in selected track envelope at start of consecutive items,
- Rename selected items with patterns_v2, a really advanced updates of my advanced renamers, supporting scalers, counter jump and restart conditions. These should be public soon.
- Rename regions in time selection or current region with patterns_v2, a really advanced updates of my advanced renamers, supporting scalers, counter jump and restart conditions. These should be public soon.
- Snap selected items to regions,
- Split selected items at audio level thresholds, an audio items splitter adapted to sounds with long sustain, as an alternative to the native Auto-Trim and Dynamic Split function, which leads to less accurate results in these cases (thanks Lokasenna for the help on this!).
- Delete firsts and lasts points in selected takes visible active envelopes
- Rename selected items according to first item in their group
- Rename selected items according to their MIDI notes
- Create regions or markers at regular intervals within time selection
- Rename markers in time selection or at edit cursor position with patterns_v2, a really advanced updates of my advanced renamers, supporting scalers, counter jump and restart conditions. These should be public soon.
- Consolidate selected MIDI items overlapping and adjacent notes and delete notes according to their length, for cleaning MIDI items right from the arrange view. A MIDI editor vesrsion have also been sponsored by another client.
- Move selected items to regions, an really advanced snap items to regions scripts with a lot of parameters, especially useful for those who deal with tons of samples, region matrix etc.
- Implode selected items with same active take name, for compacting similar takes into one item.
- Split-Slip-Set snap offset of selected MIDI items at chosen event position, for dealing with long MIDI items synch with associated audio.
- Multiply envelopes of selected takes by X percent, to compress / expand envelopes.
- Delete selected takes envelope points below consecutive threshold (envelope smoother), an accurate envelope smoother.
- Compress or expand envelopes of selected takes by X percent toward their average value, to compress / expand envelopes.
I plan to release some of them in premium packs soon, with screenshots and details, but most of them are really very specific to their unique workflow. Anyway, If something does appeal to you, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment, and I’ll see if I can make a public release in a pack.
Many thanks to Soundiron for sponsoring scripts dev. By allowing third-party devs to work for a lot of time on extending REAPER, it is the whole community who can benefit from these new features and expertise!
PS: and thanks to cfllion for Reapack, which makes script sharing simple and efficient!
EDIT: Mike promoted my work on Soundiron’s Facebook page! Awesome!
Raymond Radet (X-Raym) is one of the most prolific and well known reaper script writers out there today. If you've used…